When faced with an unplanned pregnancy, one of your options is to choose to parent your child. Becoming a new parent can be one of the most exciting times of your life. It can also be one of the most stressful. However, with planning and preparation, you can create an environment in your life that will enable you to be a successful parent.
Some Things to Consider about Becoming a Parent:
• Being a parent requires responsibility
• Providing shelter, food, clothing, medical care, protection and love are crucial
• You must have a source of income, either from a job or government assistance
• Some of your time and personal interests will be sacrificed for your child
• Parenting can be a very rewarding experience
• Successful parents are always willing to learn throughout their child’s life
There is much to consider, and at LivingWell we can help you determine your next steps as you plan to parent your child. We will help you address the various challenges in your personal situation and work with you to create a plan.
We can also direct you to resources in the community that are available to help you raise a happy and healthy child. Here are some online resources to get you started:
If you have questions about what it takes to parent or prepare for a new baby, make an appointment today. We also offer Free Classes throughout the year to better equip you for parenting and other areas of life.