Celebrating Sanctity of Human Life Month
Part 3: Ways to Support the Cause
To help you explore your thoughts and convictions in the abortion conversation, we’ve prepared a month-long blog series about Sanctity of Human Life Month—what it is, how it began, why it’s important, and how you can support it.
While National Sanctity of Human Life Day is an annual observance on January 22, Living Well believes in protecting born and unborn human life every day. Are you interested in supporting the Sanctity of Human Life and our ongoing mission? Here are several things you can do today:
1. Spread the word – Educate your friends and family on the value of life and how important it is to protect a life that can’t defend itself against abortion. Help them understand alternatives to abortion and where they can go for help.
2. Help others – Reach out to group homes, foster care services, and adoption agencies in your area. Find out how you can support them in practical ways. For group homes, consider dropping off meals every few weeks and/or volunteering to spend time with the children.
3. Support women who are pregnant – Many women choose abortion because they feel they cannot care for the child. Support those mothers financially, if you can, and offer assurance that you’re there to help. Don’t forget to offer prayer support, too. In these ways, you can become an active part of the solution.
4. Partner with pro-life churches, organizations, and individuals who recognize the sanctity of life. Ask what you can do to support their efforts, then take active steps to get involved.
5. Support pregnancy centers like Living Well – Living Well educates, equips, and supports women in Orange County, so they can make fully informed decisions for themselves and their families. Join us in our mission by becoming a volunteer, offering financial support, or telling others about our services.
Can you think of any other ways to support this cause? Comment down below your ideas!